So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Friday 10 February 2012

*Sigh*

It's just all a bit much, I must say.

Now I'm all for the preservation of intellectual property; I mean it's only fair that some poor bugger who traipses out into the middle of the Sumatran jungle, risking life and limb, should get full props for his photographic efforts. But how does someone who doesn't have much in the way of access to jungles and such, get their sticky little hands on a photo of the jungle dwelling creature she requires...in my case, a tiger?

To be honest I can acquire tiger pictures no trouble...and even for free providing I give credit, that ain't the issue. The problem I have is how I'm allowed to use 'em. Sticking with the 'free' option, I am allowed to modify certain pictures and add text etc, and even use them as a profile picture...which is all jolly spiffy; should I require something that I would like slap on a T-shirt or coffee mug however, then we start getting into 'Extended licence' territory, which must be purchased....and again I have no problem with this...I mean it wasn't my ass at risk of perforation as the photo was being taken now was it. The problem I have is, even if I purchase said license, I still can't legally make the image my official logo.

So what this means is, if Tigress takes off like a rat up the proverbial drainpipe...some little sod is still going to come after me for copyright infringement, I can bet my middle finger...I mean claw, on it.

This poses quite the dilemma: how, pray tell, do I get my hands on a picture of a four legged stripy feline without pissing someone off and quite possibly landing myself at the mercy of the criminal justice system?

There is but one solution that I can see...I need to either draw/design my own...or have someone do it for me.

This is a work in progress. For now I am legal.

Why couldn't I have made it "The Musings Of A Chicken" or something. At least I could have photographed one of those damn things myself!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need a simple outline of said tiger, the top of it so to speak, with the title underneath...BAM!

    ReplyDelete