So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Saturday 25 February 2012

It's all in the accessories..

I have a pile of dishes like you wouldn't believe, washing that needs folded and to be honest I probably should change the sheets on my bed.

And here I am blogging

Nice to see I finally have my priorities straight :)

I thought, for today's entertainment, I would my share my shopping experience for the week, which was...well...shopping.

Now shopping is something I normally despise and generally try to avoid at all costs (unless it's sunglasses...I have shitloads of cheapass pairs of them...seriously there's like four pairs just on the dashboard of my car!). But frequently I just don't have the money and when it comes to clothes (as is was the target of this venture) my ass usually won't fit in what I want so I end up in a big blue funk anyway.

But this trip I must say was different. Due to the aforementioned reasons it had been a loooong time since my body had graced the floors of a clothes store with the intention of actually buying something. But you see this was one of those 'girly' shopping trips...a new phenomenon to me, believe it or not...and I was quite feeling the spirit. There were four of us in total...ie, just enough to be dangerous, and I was driving - complete with my four pairs of sunglasses on the dash - much to the amusement of my passengers.

And I even got into the whole trying things on and coming out and parading around like a demented supermodel (I'm suspecting a mid-life crisis coming on here, but hey) and was actually rather pleased with results! We are all off to the big smoke soon to see a mate's gig so were working on our rock chick look. I can still work a little black dress quite nicely I'm pleased to say AND can control a pair of heels at the same time. I can even do it with alcohol on board if required though it's less pretty so it's good I rarely drink and am usually the sober driver.

And yes, after the dresses, even shoes were involved...though in my case to rescue my poor damn feet coz I had gone shopping in the heels I wanted to match to the dress!....Dumbass!

But this is where I made my most awesome purchase of the day. After finding my shoes...that seriously had a strap arrangement that required an engineering degree to operate...I took them to the counter, accompanied by my posse to be greeted by a lovely young behind the counter. She was most pleasant I must say....I mean she smiled, was conversational and polite as she bagged my purchase...

And she even took the time to draw my attention to the bin of $5 sunglasses I had missed....

Now that's customer service that is.

2 comments: