So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Friday 17 February 2012

A God of small things.

It's no secret that I tend to over-analyse my world just a tad. Not like Stephen Hawking level or anything...but I have given parts of it a damn good Dr Philling from time to time let me tell you. It fascinates me...and people fascinate me. We're odd little creatures: humans, so complex; and figuring out why we do some of the daft-ass things we do can be quite the journey...but I'm starting to see a pattern emerge.

And I am part of it.

My life hasn't always been a box of fluffies...it's the way it goes...and to be honest the present situation isn't exactly how I'd like it either....but I am slowly changing it; and for now at least, I have enough; but since investigating this page business I have discovered I am also not alone. There seems to be a number of personality types (of which I am obviously one) inhabiting the little corner of the Internet that I frequent; none better or worse than the other, each just different and this where things get interesting.

When you start out in the world of page ownership/administration you have to decide pretty damn quick who you are. It was all very well and good me..... >.<....hang on....

F**sake, I have to go get the flyspray...brb

Bahahahaha!! Take that you little winged sods!!

Hehehe...right, where was I? Oh yes...personality and such. I had to decide what I wanted to put out to the masses...how did I wish to define myself...what did I want to share. I had seen enough other pages to know the options....there were funny ones, venting ones, politically/issue oriented ones, sexual ones, feel good ones, and blog/stream of consciousness ones....well I'm way too random to be anything other than the latter.

But there seems to be a particular type that choose this option...the ones who have dealt with a myriad of crap over a long period of time and feel comfortable dealing with just about anything. Now this will not be the case 100% of the time...nor will admins of other pages not have necessarily had to deal with their share of God knows what....but it seems bloggers have learned to tap into the everyday and make something a little new of it, have become their own Gods of small things if you like. And this is something curious to me.

That is not to say that other pages aren't of equal value...I mean who doesn't enjoy having a damn good laugh just for the hell of it! Or reading the venting or kinky stuff that you probably wouldn't put on your own profile. And we all love a little positive thinking every once in a while. These pages are necessary to human survival! Or is that just mine?

Anywho, I can't help feeling that it's the bloggers who tie it all together somehow; epitomizing the randomness of the Internet, putting a single life on show for all the world to see. It's like an epic saga being written in front of you complete with illustrations. And while there are certain genres of blog (the Mum/Mom one for example springs quickly to mind), bloggers inherently aren't particularly theme bound...free as the proverbial winged thing (no not a fly!) to go off on whatever tangent they choose.

And we frequently do. Funny one minute, inspiring perhaps the next...and a bit of naughty thrown in for good measure. This freedom is both liberating and probably dangerous somehow. My father always said I should never be let loose on the town....now I have the entire World Wide Web at my disposal to inflict upon my ever growing audience! Shit a brick and fart a crowbar...the potential is endless Jimmy! X-) *rubs hands together with glee.*

But ultimately it's about degrees of exposure...how much do you know about yourself and how much are you willing to share. What makes you tick, what are you passionate about, what would you put your ass on the line for. What are your limits, what drives you, what inspires you, what breaks you. It's quite the arsenal to unleash on your psyche let it be said.

So how am I going with all this? Have I indeed cracked the Tigress code and worked out just who she is? Well lets just say...as with real human beings...she's a work in progress ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment