So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Sunday 8 January 2012

So how does this work again...

I felt like writing stuff again...but it's not Friday yet. Friday was going to be my blog day. Poop. 

Ah well, that will teach me for having so much running around inside my head...it has to come out you know or I could very well go boom. So you may find yourself putting up with me a little more often than I first planned.

You can handle it eh?

I must say I'm quite liking this social-networking business: projecting (or should that be inflicting?) myself upon the general populous one paragraph, or entertaining status, at a time. I cut my teeth on Facebook of course...as you do. After being hounded incessantly by friends and family...well a few...well one suggested it a I finally got nosey enough...I decided to go for it. As it turns out it's rather fun...not to mention I found relatives I hadn't seen in YEARS...but it was all good, they're ones I like :)...and in general my experience has been a good one. 

I should take wee moment here though, to elucidate on the finer points of my initial Facebook life...a life that involved...games.

Now anyone au fait with Facebookland will be all too familiar with the likes of FarmVille and FrontierVille and CityVille...and I do believe now there is even a CastleVille. It's pretty straight forward...you build and maintain either a farm, a frontier settlement, a city, or a castle...and make contact with others to be neighbours with. Seems simple enough...and it is. And it's also simple to waste three-quarters of your DAY doing it! I kid you not. I mean my dishes were piled to the ceiling but shit I had gorgeous cabbages! Coulda fed half a third-world nation!

Don't do it...just don't.

In the end I had to decide whether I wanted more chickens and horses than aunt Flo (well fed ones I might add) or did I actually want to finish the degree I was working my way through. Figured, since the degree was costing me money I should choose that. Let's face it, tending imaginary animals and crops is not going to get you far in life...though I must admit my time-management skills improved something wicked. You miss one of those quick maturing crops and things get horribly unfortunate rather quickly...THEN you need an unwither...which either costs you, or you have to wait for someone else to do it. Then there's the...

Wait, what? *Facepalm*

 Let us move on shall we

Now as much as I had fun making random friends as neighbours etc, I had to let it go. But now I have finished the aforementioned degree, I can get as distracted on Face book as much as I damn well please (and frequently do). I've been musing though, as I do, over the choices. And I decided, that instead of games or merely sifting the flotsam and jetsam out of my Internet experience, I should collect the bits I like and collate them into one area! Thus "The Musings Of A Tigress" was born.

With sweaty palms and baited breath, I launched my first brain squeezings and lo and behold people actually liked them. In three short weeks I have discovered lolcats, how to pimp and be pimped, and the secrets of kissing up to pages bigger than you!!

But now I've also discovered just how much I enjoy writing stuff...so here I am...blogging.

My daughter says I should get a Tumblr

This could be get busy 0.0


No comments:

Post a Comment