So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Monday 16 January 2012

The finer points of love and such

Look it's a logical progression: Jam-making, Facebooking, Love. <---Yeah I went there with the capital 'L'. I've never been one to piss around.

This doesn't mean I actually know what I'm talking about.

I have done the research though. A further indication of how my brain works. There is information available on any subject...especially now the Internet is so prevalent in people's lives. But all the research in the world can't explain why we glance past some people who may very well be totally spiffy individuals, while fixating on others who will provide the ultimate challenge to say the least!

Is this because easy is boring? Is it something exclusively hormonal? Is it....oh f**k knows.

All you know, is that when you are in it...you are in it good!! Screwed I think the term is...well if you're lucky ;-).

So how do you know what to do? When to persevere with someone (from this female's perspective - a guy), when to say "Bitch please...you got a week", or when to think "f**k this for a game of soldiers" and walk away.

And you'll find everyone else has an opinion on these things; they usually do, when it is someone else. Oh if he loves you he's do this, this, and this. Apparently there's a code to follow, candlelit dinners to be had, gifts to be bought; proof to be given that they are not a cad and can 'win' your heart.

Oh piss off.

Guys get just as broken, damaged and screwed up (and over) as women do. Perhaps some of them could do with a bit of unconditional love and courting. I'm all for equality in this day and age...both ways. There are enough guys loading dishwashers and changing shitty arses now to warrant a little effort from the female of the species...and I don't just mean putting the garbage out.

So next time someone says to you "he's not worth it"...think carefully (I will blog about "love languages" soon...I am very passionate about this) and  look at who is talking. Chances are they either have suitors coming out his/her wazoo...or they have been cheated on. At the end of the day, the only person's judgement you can truly trust is your own.

Have a little faith

You are probably not nearly the dumbass you might think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment