So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Thursday 23 October 2014

I think I have this sorted...nearly.

*Stands nervously in front of group*

Hello, my name is The Tigress and I am a Pinterestaholic

*Sits back down*

I'm not even kidding

I've been on Pinterest about a month and have more boards than Busselton Jetty.

It wouldn’t be quite so addictive if it didn’t have EVERYTHING I COULD EVER POSSIBLY WANT IN A SOCIAL MEDIUM!

That’s like a platform for communication not a chatty psychic or something.

It has pretty pictures, funny things, information, a method for sorting them all and minimal requirement for contact with other people. It’s fabulous.

For those not familiar, Pinterest is place on the Internet where you can ‘pin’ stuff you see on other places on the Internet onto “boards” under titles of your own choosing. There is no worry of copyright infringement because the pin always leads back to its original location on the Internet regardless of how many times it is repinned.

A very ingenious little set up and this on its own is not so addictive, one can only spend so long gallivanting around the World Wide Web before getting somewhat over it.

However...

When you first log in to your Pinterest account you have a home page....with other people’s recent pins on it. Still not a biggie in itself except that they can give you ideas for new boards and then you might pin one of their pins to one of your boards and when you do that Pinterest shows the previous board the pin was from and THEN you think: “Oooh, well I'll just have a wee look.”

Aaand then you’re screwed.

It is not wise to give an OCD child a platform on which to basically sort the entire Internet.

Some of these boards have over 200k pins on them.

I never stood a chance.

So I now have boards for recipes, boards for health and exercise, Boards for crochet and knitting, boards for a ridiculous amount of different countries and boards for other shit that just looked pretty.

And I don’t even begin to imagine I'll stop there, because I can be rather.....anal.

I mean if you’re gonna sort shit, do it properly *twitches* None of this: “Places to see before I die” bollocks, or “Beautiful Earth”; I mean yes, the Earth is indeed beautiful, but it’s also f**king huge for crying out loud: “125k pins” oh you noticed!

You end up with the aurora borealis snuggled up to a zebra....it’s just not natural.

Don’t get me wrong I love variety as much as the next guy, but with these types of boards one minute you’re in Abu Dhabi, the next you’re playing stare eyes with a “Phantasmal poison frog”. My psyche just can’t handle it.

But this is not to say that attentive sorting is without its share of headaches.

As noted above, I have many boards devoted to specific countries. I also have one for beautiful moon shots, one for castles, as well as another allocated to delightful silhouettes.

So what does one do with a photo of a Scottish castle with an epic moon behind it...

that’s also a silhouette.

You don’t want to know the amount of mental turmoil that one caused me.

Sometimes I just set myself up for trouble, I swear to God.

In fact, I can imagine the Kevman now (he who has watched me organise groceries into their correct spots on supermarket shelves as well as categorize several thousand e-books on a hard drive into files by author)

“Look honey, here’s a nice picture, come check it out.”

“What’s it of?”

“It’s a black and white photo of a neat bridge in Japan, you must have a board that can go on”

“I have three damn.......wait, you’re smiling aren’t you?”


“Oh yeah”

---------

Go catch “The Tigress” on Pinterest, she’s been a busy lass ;-)

http://www.pinterest.com/thetigress1974/

No comments:

Post a Comment