So glad you've come...

Welcome to Tigressland, my own personal little corner of the Internet where I hang out expressing my views about the smaller things in life. No controversy here (I'm saving that for the book lol) just the everyday minutiae that add up to my rather unpredictable, but always fun, life! So pull up a cushion and come chill.....and follow! We bloggers love it when you follow ;-) ~Tigress

Monday 25 June 2012

Major...I want to speak to the General

I'm rather broken at the moment.

And I don't use the term lightly

Apparently, however, it's supposed to get better.

When the almighty hospital people said that having a central component of my reproductive equipment removed was going to be major surgery, they weren't kidding. And two weeks into the recovery I'm starting to think I seriously underestimated the term 'major'!

Now don't get me wrong here...I sat on my ass like a good girl in that hospital (like I had a choice hooked up to a catheter and a morphine drip!)...and when I got home...I didn't move much more. But fluffing around in ones abdominal area it seems has all sorts of repercussions that are decidedly unpleasant...and the effects of taking 19 pain-killers a day ain't exactly a waltz in the park either.


Suffice to say, I haven't quite reached the 'grateful for the marvels of modern medicine' stage just yet.  

I have however developed a whole new respect for how clever my body can be.

Case in point: sneezing. My body would not let me sneeze...well until yesterday. If I tried to sneeze previous to this. it would break it into two much smaller sneezes...very odd...and wholly unsatisfying; but when the alternative means possibly undoing all the nice surgeon's handy-work, I guess I can dispense with the sneezegasms.

And stretching was another one...it wasn't until this morning when I woke up that I realized I hadn't had the urge to stretch and yawn for two weeks!

The body is a funny thing....clever, but funny.

On the whole, however, I can't bitch (well I CAN...but I'll be good and not). Although I cannot drive or lift over 3kgs for another four weeks....I can read books, listen to music, watch movies, be a passenger, text message, talk on the phone, do crafty things, pat a cat, do a jigsaw puzzle, and last but not least... play on Facebook!

Not that I do that much of course...*cough*

(Oh crap, that's right....It hurts to cough as well! >.<)

*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I guess we'd better do our best to avoid making you laugh then- get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get well soon :) n those observations u made abt how ur body's adapting r funny n amazing :)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I can do a decent giggle now so things are definitely looking up lol!

    ReplyDelete